Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Character Creator

Wow is what I have to say about the new character creator. Excellent job CCP its just stunning and I am really looking forward to Incarna.  I spent countless hours trying to make it look exactly like myself, something I try to do with all the games I've played.

This is what I came up with the first time around.

And with the new and improved version.

And here's a much younger version of myself.  I'm going for the fresh clone look.

It doesn't get much closer then that and I was pretty happy with it.  With one big exception, that's a gallente Character Model of all things; and well I of course chose the much better Caldari race way back when. So I am left with this crap.
A William Shatner version of myself, wonderful...  Anyway I am still pretty hopeful that one of the future micro transactions will be to jump clone bodies which was hinted already by CCP.  After all if I read about civilians in the novel "The Burning Life" being able to do crazy modifications, like turn their stomachs into basically fish aquariums.  I think a very wealthy Capsuleer would have no trouble looking like another race.  In turn it would open up many possible story elements.  For example maybe in my bio I could write that some ass gallente guy wanted to get back at me. So he changed some of the cloning records and I wake up in the wrong body.  I would be pretty pissed off at that, a funny practical joke. Why wouldn't future people do something like that.  Make someone look like the race they hate, hilarious. Or perhaps I orchestrated the whole event in order to sleep with my arch enemy's wife and take his family from him, the ultimate revenge.  Really endless possibilities here for the RP community.

I see a lot of people complain about the lack of cloths and color options. Yes it is quite weak but relax its just the first iteration and I'm happy with it.  Of course many more options will come, and hopefully clothing will be expanded upon as a shop profession. Adding more depth to Incarna wouldn't be a bad thing; making the majority of people wanting more variety in clothing options to have to seek out shops.

All and all a job well done CCP.

No comments:

Post a Comment